Apex Homecare Workers provide support to clients in their own homes. A Homecare Worker’s day will comprise of visiting a number of clients in need of personal care, domestic assistance and/or companionship. Visits can vary from 15 minutes to durations of up to 12 hours.
The Homecare Worker role can make a difference to someone’s life as many clients may not see anyone other than the Homecare Worker over the course of their day.
Homecare Workers are expected to travel around a local area so a full valid driving licence and access to a car is essential.
Your responsibilities will include:-
- Assisting clients with washing and personal hygiene
- Assisting clients with dressing and undressing
- Domestic assistance such as light cleaning
- Continence care
- Assisting clients with cooking / food preparation
- Prompting or administering medication